|Start by clicking "Mail" link on the "Setup" tab.|
1. If you prefer to use built-in mailbox, select 'Builtin Mailbox ...' option:
You may also want to configure mail forwarding from your "support" mailbox to the built-in one.
Here are some links that should help you with that:
Gmail.com - http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=10957
Microsoft Exchange Server 2007/2010 - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd351134.aspx
Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/281926
2. If you would prefer to use your own support mailbox, select 'External mailbox ...' option:
and fill your mail server information the same way as you would configure your email client:
- enter your POP3 server name, for example 'mail.myemailserver.com', and port;
- enter your login name and password for this email account;
- check 'Leave a copy of messages on server' if you would like to keep them for further manual retrieval or leave it unchecked if your mailbox size is limited, so it won't accumulate messages (recommended);
- you may also want to check 'Leave a copy of messages on server' for 1 day on you email client("Accounts->Properties->Advanced" for MS Outlook)
this will ensure that your email client won't compete with CRMdesk on who gets the message first;
You may use any mailbox accessible with POP3 protocol.
You may create special email account on your company's mail server or you may register POP3 e-mail account with any third-party provider of your choice.
If your mail server is behind a firewall, you may need to update filters to allow CRMdesk mail interface IP addresses:
3. If you want to turn off Email Interface, choose 'Disabled' option: